I haven't blogged in a while, which I think might explain why I have been so grumpy. I've been letting myself focus on the negative moments of my day and all of the things that are still on the to do list at the end of the day that I did not accomplish. I think it was Greg who said that he doesn't make to do lists because then it just becomes a record of all of the things that you were supposed to do but didn't. I am such a list maker but I admit that sometimes it just adds to the feeling of defeat at the end of the day.
- I sent Anna Marie an email today at her new job. Her response included her "signature" at the bottom: Anna Marie Tueller, Deputy Auditor... For some reason this made me laugh. I want a job where my title has the word "deputy" in it. hmmmm..... since I'm my own boss I suppose I can make up my own title. I think I'll go with Deputy Mom.
- Christopher brought home a paper bag from school today. I think Danielle called it a "thankfulness bag". It had a little note in it about why Christopher was thankful for us. I know that he has no idea what it says or what it means but it made me smile and it actually made me cry a little.
- Saturday night was dinner club at Kevin and Leesa's. It's been a while since we've had it. It is so nice to be around good friends and to get to be Frank and Jo for a few hours instead of mom and dad.
- Today while Christopher was napping I was standing in the dining room trying to hold Alex with one hand and type on the computer with the other. My attempt at multi-tasking. Alex wasn't really cooperating and I noticed that he was making funny noises. I looked up and realized that he was looking at himself in the mirror and smiling and cooing and possibly even laughing. I was really enjoying it until...surprise...he spit up all over both of us.
- Lately Christopher has been doing his maniac dance. Tonight he was doing it in the kitchen.
CJ: "He's a maniac, he's a maniac"
Frank: "he's a maniac maniac on the floor"
CJ: "and he's dancing like he's never danced before"
It was the funniest thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment