2/19/2012
This has been an exciting week. I started a new job on Monday and I'm really enjoying it so far. I have high hopes that this will give me the opportunity to find the balance in my life that I have been looking for. While Frank and I don't celebrate Valentine's Day, it was an excuse to do some fun things with the boys. Christopher and I made cupcakes in ice cream cones (Frank's idea). While they did not turn out like I had hoped, Christopher and I had a lot of fun making them together. I also used the holiday as an excuse to buy stuff for the boys: new puzzles and blocks. On Thursday, Frank and I went to Abravanel Hall to see the taping of the NPR show: Wait Wait Don't Tell Me. It was a unique experience and very entertaining, and the best part was being there together. Friday night we took the boys to McDonald's for dinner since Christopher had earned enough stickers to go to a restaurant with a playland. Both boys had a great time. I can tell that Christopher is starting to get a little more adventurous and Alex is adventurous already. The storm we had last night was probably the most snow we've had so far this winter. We decided to venture out and take the boys sledding (thanks to Frank's forethought yesterday when he bought a sled). It started out a little rough but before long Christopher was having a blast going down the hills by himself while I lifted Alex up so he could go down the slide on the playground. Christopher loved playing in the snow today. Alex, not so much. Once we get all of his snow clothes on him it's really hard for him to move, and if he falls down, he's stuck. For the record, "stuck" is one of the words that Alex says very well. :)
It's going to be hard to top this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment