1/30/2012
I had a really good day today. We had a play date at our house with Christopher's friend from school, Josh. He and his little brother, Jake, played with Christopher and Alex while his mom, Stephanie, and I chatted. I am really enjoying getting to know them and it's fun to watch the boys play together. Frank worked from home this afternoon and even though he was kind of locked away working, it was really nice just having him here. Christopher and I worked on his letters and colored. Thanks to Frank's suggestion, we headed outside. I am just not an outside person. Yes, I like the sunshine and I kind of enjoy being outside in the summer, but not the winter. Maybe it has something to do with hating socks and shoes, I don't know. But Christopher and I and went outside and played in the snow. We attempted to make a snow man, but it was very tiny and only lasted about 5 minutes before Christopher knocked it down. We also played baseball, with me as the pitcher and Christopher as the batter. He only hit the ball once or twice, but I was pretty impressed with his swinging the bat and his timing. Christopher wanted to build a castle, since he is so into castles and dragons, etc. A castle. What 3 year old wants to build a "castle" in the snow? So, we got out the sandbox toys and we built our castle. I really enjoyed just playing with him. I don't do that enough. By the time we went inside, his gloves were soaking wet as well as his pants and my pants, but it was worth it.
To end the day I actually got on the treadmill for the first time in forever and on top of that I actually enjoyed it. I think I spent most of the day smiling :)
No comments:
Post a Comment