I didn't have a chance to post yesterday like I thought I would. Two sick kids that won't take a nap made me completely lose control of the last couple days. I have really had a hard time yesterday and today, struggling more than I should but not completely unjustified. Sadly, the past couple days have seen a lot of tears from Alex, Christopher, and myself. But despite my gloomy disposition, I still managed to remember some of the things that made me smile.
- Yesterday I had on Christopher's favorite episode of Sesame Street (thank God for Tivo). We've seen it a million times. I was doing dishes and I heard Murray counting: "...let's count how many hand-stand pushups..." I looked over at Christopher and he had his hands on the ground and his butt up in the air in an attempt to do his own hand-stand pushups. I burst out laughing!
- Christopher has not been the best listener lately. I swear he completely ignores me when I ask him not to do something. We've been having problems with crayons. I am thankful for washable crayons because he pretty much colors all over everything. But worse than that, he has been putting them in his mouth. Last night it got to the point that we had to take the crayons away. This morning he was looking all over for them. I got them down from the secret hiding spot and said "where do we color?" and Christopher said "on the paper." Right answer, so I gave him the crayons and he said "I do not put the crayons in my mouth." Well, maybe he is listening after all :)
- Christopher riding his bike in the driveway, around in circles since he still hasn't quite figured out how to steer. But he is so proud of himself.
- Being outside.
- Watching Christopher run around in circles around my mom after his bath, trying to burn that last bit of energy before bed. He always goes counter clockwise. We asked him if he could run the other way. My mom helped him get started . I can't explain what it looked like but I think the answer was "no", he can't run the other way.
Yes, there are plenty of other things in my life that make me smile, but most of my waking hours are spent with Christopher so it's easier to remember the times with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment