Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I am easily overwhelmed and have the tendency to dwell on my shortcomings of the day. I want to start focusing on the many positive things in my life, the things that I am grateful for. . . the events, people, and moments that make me smile.

I guess today is a good day to start my blog. Christopher is sick and did not sleep well last night. This meant that Frank and I did not sleep well either. On top of that Christopher was not at all interested in taking a nap, which made for a very long afternoon for all of us. By the end of the day I was tired, cranky and covered in Christopher's snot and Alex's spit-up. The kids are asleep and I have taken a shower and now have the opportunity to reflect back on my day. I knew that I was going to start this blog today so I made an effort to be aware of the moments that made me smile. Here are just a few:

- Bath Time: The huge smile on Alex's face as we gave him a bath. . . well, as Frank washed him and I just stared at him and smiled. Frank pretty much runs bath time, I am just the assistant and usually pretty useless. I was getting Alex dressed and ready for bed and could overhear Frank and Christopher talking. Christopher was scooting around in the bath tub and Frank said, "What do you say to your letters?" and Christopher replied "Beep beep letters, I'm comin' through". This was after Christopher was stacking his bath letters and said he was making a "letter sandwich".

- Bed Time: Christopher was so tired by the time I put him to bed but he was a little wired. He was kind of all over the place. When he finally lied down, he recited the alphabet and five seconds later he was snoring.

- Right Now: As I sit in bed thinking of all of the other little moments today that made me smile and knowing that if I hadn't made that extra effort to be aware of those moments then I probably would have missed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment