Sunday, March 4, 2012
Lenten Promises
3/4/2012 - We went to mass today, I think it was the first time since Alex's baptism. I have to say that I was dreading going. Taking the kids anywhere can be stressful for me. I insisted on going to the Newman Center since I was familiar with it and I also insisted on sitting in the cry room. It was a painful experience and I don't think I heard a single word from the mass. However, the source of the pain was not my children, but the other families that were in the cry room. We might as well have been at McDonald's playland. The other kids in there were not even attempting to be quiet. And at least one of them was old enough to be able to sit quietly for an hour. I think Christopher and Alex were confused about where we were and what they were supposed to be doing. But they were quiet and shared the books and toys with others. I am trying to find the will and motivation in my heart to commit to going to mass on a regular basis. I think that Christopher is ready and it would be good for him to go. We are going to challenge ourselves and the kids to go to mass and sit with the congregation for as long as we can. Time will tell...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment