Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Personal Growth

Breathe in...breathe out. In with the daisies, out with the dust (as my mom taught me). One of the motto's that Frank and I live by is "you cannot grow without risk". I am realizing that you also cannot grow without challenges. I don't mean you have to have a hard life to appreciate what you have. I just mean that your ideas and beliefs and way of doing things need to be challenged so that you can further commit to those beliefs or modify them or completely abandon them. I believe that it is one of the responsibilities (and possibly one of the perks) of your spouse to challenge you. It allows you to grow as a person but it also allows your relationship to grow. Where am I going with this, you may ask. I am also realizing that this is also a role of your children.
Nap time was a challenge today, as it is on many occasions. And for some reason it is one of those things that I let totally dictate my day, I have no idea why. So, as I came to the realization today about being challenged and growing, I am convinced that Christopher challenging me at nap time is somehow going to be the key to unlocking a door to growth in my life. I'm not sure how it will play out, but hopefully it will help me get over some of my control issues and force me to allow some flexibility into my life without me having a break down. This may be a totally off base theory, but I don't care. Whether it's Christopher challenging me or if I'm really just challenging myself there is bound to be some growth taking place. I just need to get out of this mental ditch that I have been stuck in. Something has to change soon before I completely lose my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment