Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Movies

1/2013 Gran Torino (Clint Eastwood)
Frank's pick for movie night.  It's hard for me to watch movies like this since I tend to cringe at racial derogatory comments, but I enjoyed the movie and cried at the end.  We made note that Clint Eastwood always seems to play the same character, a grumpy old man with a soft spot.  But he's good at it.

1/2013  50/50
I missed movie night when this was Jeff's pick, but Frank really wanted me to see it.  2 movies in a row that made me cry.  I was really expecting this one to have a sad ending, but I was pleasantly surprised

1/2013  Book of Eli (Denzel Washington)

1/2013  The Artist

2/2013  The Painted Veil

2/2013  Rosemary's Baby

3/2013  Brokeback Mountain

4/2013  Rise of the Guardians

4/2013  American History X

7/2013  Warrior
My pic for movie night.  An ok story about 2 brothers that end up fighting (mma) for the championship.  Seemed pretty contrived.

8/2013  Donnie Darko
Frank's pic for movie night.  Kind of creepy, I had a hard time sleeping because I couldn't stop thinking about it.  I want to see it again to see if makes more sense the second time around.

9/2013  The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Movie night at Ben and Heather's.  Reminded me that it's ok that I don't have time to blog and journal and scrap book, because I am living life and enjoying it, no matter how busy and chaotic it might be.  :)

11/2013  Frozen
Saw this the day after Thanksgiving with Christopher, Anna, Booker, Jim and Emma.  First movie I had seen in a very long time in the theater.  Loved the story and the music.

12/2013  The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
Saw this the day after Christmas with Frank.  Very entertaining, a feel good movie.






No comments:

Post a Comment