10/25/2011
As Christopher is locked in his room crying and screaming at the top of his lungs that he doesn't want to take a nap (which to me is a clear indication that he needs one) I am choosing to remember the parts of the day that made me smile...
- While Alex ate his breakfast, Christopher and I put together the halloween treat bags for his friends at school: a small container of play doh, spooky bubbles, and a bat ring. He put all the bags together himself and even counted down as we were getting close to the end (there are 4 more left...there are 3 more left, etc).
- When we were finished with the gift bags, I let Christopher play with play doh for the first time. I mean it's the first time that I let him play with play doh, I'm sure that he has played with it at school. I got out my halloween cookie cutters and he made a black cat, an orange pumpkin and an orange ghost. He apparently did not want to use the green or the white play doh.
- Christopher has been wanting to go "hunting" for spooky things throughout the house. He takes his little flash light and shines it around while looking for pumpkins or whatever other kind of decorations we have around. We have a bunch of little plastic skeletons (thanks to Frank) and today I hid them in his room and let him go hunting for them. He and Alex both had fun.
- While Christopher and I were putting a puzzle together at the table (which is missing 3 pieces, ugh!) I felt a tugging on my shirt. I looked down to find Alex pulling very forcefully at the tag on the side of my shirt. When he couldn't get it off with his hands he began using his teeth...he mostly only got the tag.
- We took the left over bubbles outside and while Christopher and I were trying to figure out how to get the lids off Alex had made a bee line for the tomato plant and immediately ripped off the one red tomato from the plant and took a bite. This has been his routine for the past few weeks, if we go outside he runs to the hanging tomato plant and pulls off anything he can find and then eats it. He doesn't even care what color it is. So far, he hasn't seemed to have gotten sick from it. And today I think he got the last of them.
After some singing of "I love you a bushel and a peck", "You are my sunshine", and "True Blue Bill", Christopher is finally taking a nap, one that he desperately needs if we want there to be any chance of him making it through his tumbling class tonight with no tears or melt downs. Good Luck Frank!
No comments:
Post a Comment